International Museum Day
Sunday 21 May, 09:30, 11:30, 13:30, 14:30, 16:00
Activities in the framework of the International Museum Day. MEG garden and temporary exhibition. Sunday 21 May 2023, from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
International Museum Day 2023 takes place this year on Sunday 21 May, with the theme "Happy Museums: sustainability and well-being".
The day highlights the ecological and social dimensions of sustainability. Museums make an important contribution to the well-being and sustainable development of society. As trusted institutions with strong roots in (local) communities, museums promote positive (social) change, whether it be in support of climate change, promoting inclusion or improving mental health.
MEG is therefore participating in this day and offers a rich programme of activities for all audiences:
- 9.30-10.30am: Yoga in the foyer (-1)
- 11.30am-12pm: Sustainable visit for families of the permanent exhibition: the Inuit parka.
- 1.30pm-2pm: Sustainable visit for families of the permanent exhibition: the headrest.
- 2.30pm-3.30pm: Sustainable visit for adults of the temporary exhibition "Being(s) together "
- 4pm-4.30pm: Sustainable visit for families of the permanent exhibition: the Ghostnets.
In addition, you will be able to visit the exhibition "MEG and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals" in the MEG garden all day.
Yoga is accessible from the age of 14.
The sustainability visits for families last about 30 minutes and are accessible from 8 years old. They provide an opportunity to learn more about an object in the permanent exhibition and its connection to the environment.
Access to the temporary exhibition "Être(s) ensemble" and participation in the proposed activities are free for the occasion. The permanent exhibition and the exhibition in the MEG garden are free at all times.
Boulevard Carl-VOGT 65, 1205 Genève -
+41 22 418 45 50
De 5 à 99 ans