School Group visits
- Reservations are compulsory for all groups, with or without guided tours.
- Guided tours and workshop-visits: Bookings must be made at least two weeks before the desired date.
Visits without a guide: Bookings at least 48 hours before the desired date.
- School mediation activities do not take place during school holidays in the canton of Geneva.
- Maximum 25 children/students per group and visit.
- Duration of the visit: 1 hour.
- Duration of the workshop-visit: 2 hours.
- Visits and workshops are free for all schools in the canton of Geneva.
- For non-Geneva schools :
Guided tour : 50 CHF
Workshop-visit : 220 CHF
The Archives of Human Diversity
The MEG's permanent exhibition presents more than 1,000 objects selected from the 80,000 treasures in the Museum's collections.
The exhibition is divided into seven chapters: a historical introduction followed by a presentation of the collections from the five continents and the ethnomusicology collection.
Numerous thematic tours are available :
Marie Madeleine Lancoux Library
Resources for teachers
- Visits for teachers are offered free of charge generally in September, January and May, see the events calendar.
- The audio guide application “Archives de la diversité” (commentaries in English) for the permanent exhibition can be downloaded free of charge from theAppStore or Google play,
- The e-MEG is the digital duplicate of the permanent exhibition. It offers an audio guide as well as all the notices and photographs of the objects on display. Click on the following link to access the eMEG.
- The guided tour starts at the time indicated in the booking form.
- Any delay will affect the duration of the guided tour.
- A delay of 20 minutes will result in the cancellation of the guided tour. In this case, the commented tour will be invoiced to the organiser.
- The commented tour is invoiced if it is not cancelled or postponed 48 hours before the time of the visit.
Charte du médiateur culturel de musée [PDF 99 Ko]